Real Estate

Profitable Puget Sound Winery / Real Estate / ID: 914501

Profitable Puget Sound Winery
Property title: Profitable Puget Sound Winery
Property Type: Winery
Appellation: Various
City / Location:
State / County: Washington
Country: USA
Lot Size: 5148
Price: $1,395,000.00
Posting Type: For Sale
Posted on: 21.Mar.2018
VIP till: 2018-05-05 18:03:30
 

Property Details:

Founded in 2007 this Puget Sound area winery has exhibited steady revenue growth since the start of retail & wholesale sales. With a large and growing wine club and customer base, and expanding distribution, revenue has continued to increase with 16.25% revenue growth in the last 2 years alone. Currently 91% of sales are directly to customers through the tasting room and online sales. The remaining 9% is sold wholesale to retailers and non-profits, or through distribution. The winery has only recently started selling through a distributor and is an area prime for considerable growth. The winery currently produces an average of 2000 cases per year with the ability to produce 5000 cases with current equipment. The current facility could accommodate an increase in production to up to 10,000 cases with additional equipment and offsite storage of case goods.

The winery has been consistently producing world class award winning wines with wines regularly receiving 90+ point ratings from national publications and judges, with ratings as high as 96 points . The current owners have sought out extremely high quality old vine sources for their grapes and negotiated contracts that insure only the highest quality fruit production.

The winery is currently located in a leased facility, with the current lease expiring in 2020. The lease can be extended up to 6 years under the current contract. The 5148 square foot facility was recently remodeled from the ground up and is outfitted for wine making including temperature and humidity controls, glycol chiller system, floor drains, 3 phase power, lab, etc. for optimum and efficient wine making. There is also an additional 1208+ sq.ft of loft storage space in the facility. The current lease rate including NNN is $4800/mo.

In addition to the wineries main tasting room, there is also a profitable satellite tasting room located about an hour from the winery, which is also leased for $550/mo.

The winery staff is highly experienced and educated and able to run the majority of the day to day operations of the winery and tasting room with minimal direction. The current owner is also willing to remain available in a consulting & training role for up to two years.

Gross revenue was $373,000 in 2017 with an EBITDA of $131,000.

The asking price of $1,395,000 includes all equipment, bottled wine, bulk wine, brand, club list, grape contracts, furniture, etc. needed for continued seamless operation of the winery. The equipment and other tangible assets are valued at $417,000. The inventory valuation is $668,000 based on the liquidation value of the current inventory. The retail value of the inventory is approx. $1.6M. Final asking price will be adjusted based on actual amount of case goods and bulk wine at time of sale utilizing the same valuation method that determined the current asking price.

This is a rare opportunity to own a small profitable winery with a strong reputation and a beautiful facility. Avoid the high risk and financial outlay associated with starting a winery, and purchase a successful operation and brand instead. Please contact us for detailed financials or with any questions. The seller is highly motivated and will consider all offers.

Qualified buyers only please. You will be required to sign a non-disclosure agreement (NDA) in order to receive a summary prospectus on this opportunity.

Respond Online:

*
*
*
*
Security verification code *
 
Advertisement